5 Step Cleaning Process for Routine Cleaning
Download the Wall Chart for the 5 Step Standardized Cleaning Process, courtesy of The Buckeye Honors Program!
A clean school or business is important. One reason is to maintain a healthy environment and reduce the risk of spreading germs and infection. This is where students, staff, employees, and customers spend more of their days, learning, teaching, working, eating and more. A clean environment is a healthy environment. The importance of cleaning may be well understood but however the importance of standardized cleaning may not be so obvious. With the chart created by the Buckeye Honors Program you can standardize cleaning in just 5 steps.
5-Step Standardized Cleaning Process
- High Dust. Clean in a clockwise pattern around the room from high to low.
- Spot Clean/Remove Graffiti. Spot clean all services. Clean glass, acrylic, plastic and white dry erase boards.
- Dust Mop or Sweep. Scrape up items stuck to the floor, being careful not to gouge the floor.
- Empty Trash. Do not push down on trash as there may be sharp objects in the bag.
- Damp Mop. Post “Wet Floor” signs at the area entrance.
Equipment Care Tips
It is just as important to make sure your cleaning equipment is taken care of as well. By cleaning and storing equipment after a cleaning this will help reduce the time and cost it takes to fix them. Care procedures like rinsing mop heads and buckets, wiping down equipment and electrical cords, and checking equipment for damages after uses are tips to help save you time and money.
For more information or to learn more about cleaning processes, fill out the contact form online or call to talk to a KSS representative today at 1.800.638.4191.